Many women are on the lookout for the latest and the coolest handbag styles that are hung over the arms of many fashion models on fashion magazines, billboards and websites. But most of these designer labels have a price tag that’s too steep for most average women to afford.
But we have heard someone who says “Luxury does not have to be expensive,” and that’s true. Fortunately, there are many incredibly affordable handbags that otherwise look quite fancy. Not surprisingly, most bags today also look definitely IG-worthy. You won’t regret snapping up any of these cheap but luxurious-looking handbags!
1) Zara’s crocodile-embossed handbag
The rough and embossed print of this Zara bag looks and feels like it is made from the crocodile hide, but it’s actually a mock crocodile “leather” that explains this bag’s affordable price tag. Nevertheless, it looks and feels luxurious.
2) Cult Gaia Ark Bag
The Cult Gaia Ark Bag became the most trending bag at the moment (and a big seller) when it was first launched. There may be three reasons why it has received such a huge hype: it is made of wood; it has a peculiar round basket-like appearance; and it is not so expensive, with prices ranging from $138 to $168. It is a fashionable and a surprisingly practical bag. And fear not, your contents will not fall off despite its apertures or gaps
3) Sophie Hulme Exclusive Nano Milner Crossbody Bag
If you have to pick a bag for night-out with your date or with your girlfriends, you may want to consider this elegant-looking crossbody bag. With its gold-colored brass strap, this bag looks like you bought it for a hundred-thousand dollars when it’s actually priced at mere $415.
4) Any elegant-looking pouch bag
Pouch bags are small, cute and pretty. They’re also an easy way to carry your smallest essentials. If you are the type who doesn’t like to carry too many things, this pouch bag is an ideal accessory for you. You can even find and purchase some luxurious looking bags on Etsy but in a small fraction of the pricey designer pouches.
Satchels are very versatile, as they are both utilitarian and trendy at the same time. You might as well choose a satchel that has a faux cow, crocodile or snake leather but make sure that they do not look cheap and tacky.
6) Shoulder bags
Shoulder bags are small and have space enough to carry your essentials. They’re versatile, easy to carry and stylish at the same time. Check out these 12 Classic Mini Shoulder Bags that look so expensive but are actually easy on the wallet.
A few reminders on how to choose cheap bags that look expensive:
1) Don’t fall for knock-off versions of designer bags. You may look trying hard for making yourself to appear well-off and besides, buying fake and counterfeit designer goods may even get you into legal trouble. It’s always better to go for generic bags with a classic design and with no logo (or just a small and subtle logo) on them.
2) Choose faux leather and hard plastic over cloth (like cotton) and other fabrics. Bags that are made of cotton, nylon, or other types of clothing may never look expensive and luxurious. For the untrained eye, bags that are made of faux leather look really indistinguishable to the real ones especially if they’re embossed and textured (such as crocodile or snake leather).
3) Look for cheap bags that have heavier hardware. Cheaper bags usually have lighter hardware, which make them even flimsier. But there are other cheap bags that include gold-colored brass hardware such as chain straps that surprisingly feel heavy on the hand – this is the kind of bag that you’re looking for.